Marvelous world of MARVEL

Okay, I am really into Marvel now. It started with... you should've guess. With one of my favorite actors, of course, who played Fandral in "Thor: the dark world". So, I decided to watch "Thor". I did. And then I was told it's not enough just to watch "Thor" and then "Thor 2", it's gonna take much more time to get into topic - you have to watch all Marvel movies and then read ton of comic books. So... as well as I am dedicated to anime stuff and doll stuff and books and many other things, I couldn't just leave it like that and started to read and watch. And I suddenly liked it. I always thought comic books are... not really smartest reading in the world. But I've changed my mind. Because, you know, you can't say that wothout knowing the books or the world. Well, when I downloaded the list of comics I have to read, I was pretty horrified by the amount of necessary reading. But, it seems they are pretty easy to read, so I felt relieved. I started with this guy in the front, it's recommended to take him as an entry point to the Marvel universe. I was really touched with special edition dedicated to 9/11.
So, here's a short list of what I've read already:
Amazing Spider-Man 471-514
Peter Parker Spider-Man 030-057
Spectacular Spider-Man v2 001-027
Marvel Knights Spider-Man 001-012
Fantastic Four 464-537
Avengers 500-503 & Finale
Secret War 001-005
New Avengers 001-015
Amazing Spider-Man 514-524
Marvel Knights Spider-Man 009-018
Spider-Man Other. Evolve or Die
Invincible Iron Man v4 001-006
Captain America v5 001-009 + 011-014
Young Avengers 001-012
New Avengers 016-020
Incredible Hulk v2 088-105
New Avengers Illuminati Special
Invincible Iron Man v4 006-012
Amazing Spider-Man 529-531
Sensational Spider-Man 023-028
Civil War 001-007
New Avengers 021-025
Amazing Spider-Man 532-538
Fantastic Four 538-542
Punisher War Journal v2 001-003
Wolverine v3 042-048
X-Men Civil War 001-004
X-Factor 008-009
Invincible Iron Man v4 013-014
Captain America v5 025
Iron Man & Captain America - Causalties of War
Civil War - The Confession
What If Civil War
Civil War The Initiative
Fallen Son The Death of Captain America 001-005
Amazing Spider-Man 539-543
Sensational Spider-Man 035-040
Fantastic Four 543
Spider-Man One More Day
X-Men 200-204
Amazing Spider-man 546-576
I have no idea why it's not sorted by the time of its appearance or chronolgically, I only start digging all that stuff.
I loved all the Avengers events, those are my favorite series so far, and X-Men, I'm sorry - the least favorite.
Spiderman artist Umberto Ramos is my least favorite )
Off-topic: Oh, did you know there's Classic Illustrated series? For lazy people, I guess ) I read Three Musketeers and Ivanhoe ) I also found new awesome books for my collection - it's Indiana Jones #2 by Egmont and Mickey mouse comic book without any numbers on it, so I guess it's a single issue ) 

And, speaking of other comic books, I suddenly found this old Disney issue at garage sale, and this is, so far, oldest issue in my collection, you can see it here:

Donald Duck 18/89

I guess, for some of you it's not a big deal, but, let me remind you, I live in Kazakhstan, where every issue like this is a treasure for collectors (though, I don't know any of them), because we are absolutely differently raised and we weren't surrounded with comic books when we were young. The only way to get comic books like this is to order them online from ebay or wait forever until they're translated to russian and maybe published by some russian publishers houses. Some of the comics really were published in russian, but still, Marvel heroes is a very rare thing in our stores. 

Комментарии

Популярные сообщения